I need help with my old acount

akgsfdkjh

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
I have a bit of an issue, my old account YouTurnMySoftwareToHardware was set to be deleted because of the mods not agreeing with the name and they told me they were going to delete it so i could make a new one with a deferent name. Instead of total banning the account the mod banned me from private messaging and making posts on accident so that meant i couldn't tell him that the account wasn't properly banned. Since the old account is linked with my email and not properly banned i had to make a new email and a new account (this account) so i could pm Saga lout that he didn't properly ban the old account but for some reason i cant pm anyone on this account cause it says

403 - Unauthorized access
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.
Perhaps you can find what you are looking for by using our search feature?

I want to use my main email so i receive newsletters and stuff from toms hardware on it so could a mod or someone get in touch with Saga lout and tell him about this post?

Help will be greatly appreciated

Solution
Due to changes in our login systems, we're temporarily unable to delete accounts. No ETA on a fix, sorry.

Banning an account (even properly, and it looks like your old account was) won't free up your email.

You'll need to use a new address, unfortunately. You could forward your new email to your old one, though.
Due to changes in our login systems, we're temporarily unable to delete accounts. No ETA on a fix, sorry.

Banning an account (even properly, and it looks like your old account was) won't free up your email.

You'll need to use a new address, unfortunately. You could forward your new email to your old one, though.

Solution
Actually, there's one thing you can do. Web sites ignore the section of your address between a + and the @, so they get delivered to the same mailbox.

For example, both "someone@example.org" and someone+somewhere@example.org" go to the same place, but you can have an account on each. Try that.

agreed, unfortunately at this moment there are issues with deleting accounts. a fix is certainly in the works however as ss stated above there is no estimated time we can expect it that we know of. the main trouble is the login service has been changed and right now there are issues to work through.

i would suggest that you pm our community representitive titillating (kevin) as he mentioned to us that there may be some form of workaround. i'm not sure if it will help but if not perhaps he could give you another option. http://www.tomshardware.com/community/pm/write?to=1740535

TRENDING THREADS