ayma1aymane

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hi
My PC fans make a weird buzzing noise.
I just replaced the PSU so I don't think the noise is coming from it.
and the cpu cooler is working fine .
I cleaned my PC yesterday but the problem still happening.
the problem happen in random time
the both of the fans make noise on the same time.
My PC specs:
AMD FX 6300
GTX 960
8 GB RAM
MSI MOTHERBOARD
Cooler master 550W 80+ bronze
I really need your help

Solution
Looking at the age on components in that system those fans are likely old and have probably degraded to the point that the motor is close to shot and/or the spindles have become loose.

New fans!

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that the noise is resonance. When the fans reach some certain rpm(s) that causes increased vibrations in a pattern that becomes much more audible. Could be each fan independently or both fans feeding each other.

Does the noise occur as the fans spin up or remain continuous at speed? Does the noise come and go as fan speeds change going either upward or downward?

Key is to stop or change that pattern.

Fans are subject to multiple forces and if the fan housing and blades are not as strong and thick as they should be then there will be twisting and bending depending on the forces involved. Quality matters in both design, manufacturing, materials, and installation.

Make and model fans?

First: do be sure that the noise is not coming from the PSU or even somewhere else.

Second: power down, unplug, and open the case. Inspect each of the fans very carefully using bright flashlight to look for signs of damage, blades contacting the case, a small bit of debris somewhere - likely not relevant if two fans are exhibiting the same noise but check anyway.

Third: Gently wiggle and move the fan housings. There should be no movement. Tighten the screws just slightly while ensuring that the casings are not touching other components or wires.

ayma1aymane

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
My thought is that the noise is resonance. When the fans reach some certain rpm(s) that causes increased vibrations in a pattern that becomes much more audible. Could be each fan independently or both fans feeding each other.

Does the noise occur as the fans spin up or remain continuous at speed? Does the noise come and go as fan speeds change going either upward or downward?

Key is to stop or change that pattern.

Fans are subject to multiple forces and if the fan housing and blades are not as strong and thick as they should be then there will be twisting and bending depending on the forces involved. Quality matters in both design, manufacturing, materials, and installation.

Make and model fans?

First: do be sure that the noise is not coming from the PSU or even somewhere else.

Second: power down, unplug, and open the case. Inspect each of the fans very carefully using bright flashlight to look for signs of damage, blades contacting the case, a small bit of debris somewhere - likely not relevant if two fans are exhibiting the same noise but check anyway.

Third: Gently wiggle and move the fan housings. There should be no movement. Tighten the screws just slightly while ensuring that the casings are not touching other components or wires.
The noise are coming from the both fans at the same time and the noise is not coming from the PSU.
I don't know what's happening I tried everything and it still happening
Thanks in advance