[SOLVED] I need help with my PS4, it broke and I need a new one!

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Can I buy a new ps4 and just swap this hard drive with the one it comes with and be okay?? I have a standard ps4, no the slim or the pro, just the standard one. If I bought the standard one again, or the pro, can I just swap the hard drives and re download my games from that? Thanks, just don’t want to lose my progress and stuff on my games.
FYI, it has an over heating problem, so it’s like my ps4 will turn off after a few minutes of being on... so I think a new ps4 is the way to go as long as there is a way I can keep my games and the progress on those games

Solution
D
Yes once you get the new PlayStation and your games installed you’ll be able to logon and when you play your game it will get the data or you may have to go and download the data yourself.

On Xbox live it just does everything for you automatically
D

Deleted member 14196

You get PlayStation network and then save your game saves in the cloud that’s the only reliable way

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
You get PlayStation network and then save your game saves in the cloud that’s the only reliable way
I did that, but my ps4 shut off right after due to heat. How can I check if they all uploaded? Also, does this mean the data will be saved on the games as well? Will I still need to swap the hard drives from old ps4 to new?

D

Deleted member 14196

I honestly don’t think swapping hard drives will work it will make you re-initialize the drive which is bad because it will wipe out your data so the answer is I don’t know. I do know they were PlayStation network you have to manually upload your saves so if you haven’t done that they’re gone

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
I honestly don’t think swapping hard drives will work it will make you re-initialize the drive which is bad because it will wipe out your data so the answer is I don’t know. I do know they were PlayStation network you have to manually upload your saves so if you haven’t done that they’re gone
I uploaded my games to the cloud... does this mean on the new os4 my progress on those games will be saved as well?

D

Deleted member 14196

Yes once you get the new PlayStation and your games installed you’ll be able to logon and when you play your game it will get the data or you may have to go and download the data yourself.

On Xbox live it just does everything for you automatically

Solution