Question I NEED HELP WITH MY PS4|not powering up :(

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone, hope you’re all finding yourselves through this whole quarantine. My ps4 runs very loud so I figured I’d follow a video on cleaning the dust out. I did everything perfectly fine and treated everything carefully making sure not to break anything on accident. However, after putting it all back together, the ps4 will beep on power up, the blue light will appear for 1-2 seconds, and shut back off. No fan spinup or anything. Just the one beep with the start up blue light for a second and back to black, nothing on screen, etc. it was working fine just last night!! Something must’ve happened while it was opened up... I need help! I tried the washer trick under the top panel, but it did nothing. I’m praying to god somebody has a solution. Thanks

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Okay, so I got it working. There was a bent prong I had to fix under the power supply, but now. While playing games, my ps4 is super loud (eve though I just cleaned it) and powers down while playing after an overheat message pops up. What do I do??

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Okay, so I disassembled it again, applies new thermal paste, reassembled it, and it sounded abnormally quiet! I was happy at first, until I got the overheat message again within a couple of minutes! Is it a fan problem? How can I fix it?

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Can I buy a new ps4 and just swap this hard drive with the one it comes with and be okay?? I have a standard ps4, no the slim or the pro, just the standard one. If I bought the standard one again, or the pro, can I just swap the hard drives and re download my games from that? Thanks, just don’t want to lose my progress and stuff on my games

TRENDING THREADS