Question I need help with my Wi-Fi adapter

Mar 4, 2022
So it started like this, I was playing video games with my friends while in a discord call. I have a 70mbps connection which is really strong and I get a ping of 30-40ms in discord, however, as we played, my friends’ voices started to stutter and my ping went to 500. At that point, I stopped playing because I thought maybe the internet connection has a problem with the servers and stuff like that. The next morning, when I went to my laptop to play games I noticed that even though I was connected to the Wi-Fi it seemed like I have no internet connection at all, I can’t even search in Google. I know it was a problem with my laptop because the internet connection is strong in my phone and iPad. I couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi anymore, so I bought a USB Wi-Fi adapter which works fine for my online classes but not for my gaming so I am not satisfied and I want my old Wi-Fi adapter fixed. So does anybody how to fix this? It just suddenly became weak and I don’t why.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to your laptop would help us two fold. While here and if you're on Microsoft's Windows environment, use Device Manager to show you the make and model of the bundled WiFi adapter. To that end, what BISO version are you currently on for your laptop? Make and model of the USB driven WiFi adapter? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

Lastly, make and model of your wireless router?