Question I need help with new pc freezing but kind of functioning (ryzen 5600x).

Oct 4, 2021
Hi all,

I recently built a pc from Scratch and everything went fine till around a month ago. A month ago my pc started to freeze. The first freeze was in game, IT was fully locked. After that Every 9-10 days a freeze happend but I could still move my mouse, use my keyboard and go to taskmanager. Here I actually can achieve nothing, the taskmanager doesn't update and music/sound loops in a 2-3 sec loop.

If I do something in the freeze like opening taak manager and clicking on something the pc completely locks up.

I have a pretty decent pc with 32 GB of ram and good cpu but some applications have freezespikes/lag like word and programming program ( simulink if you know it). Those programs ran way better on my laptop that only had 8gb and a way worse cpu.
Lately the freezes started to happen more often 7 days ago 2 Times and yesterday and the Day before that.

Pls help, I Read allot but IT is not perfectly discribing my problem. I Will add my pc specs below. I have a vid of yesterday, I will go through it and cut away sensitive info and post it.

Cpu: Ryzen 5600x
Gpu: rtx 3060 rog strix oc edition
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 1tb
Psu: corsair RM750 gold
Motherboard: MSI tomahawk b550
Ram: Corsair Vengeance rgb pro (2x16gb) 3600mhz (xmp enabled)
Case: Corsair 4000d
Windows: latest version Windows 10 pro

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for said OS? Also, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Which slots are the rams populating? Which slot is the NVMe SSD populating on the motherboard?

Oct 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for said OS? Also, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? Which slots are the rams populating? Which slot is the NVMe SSD populating on the motherboard?
First of all thank you for replying.

I got the OS on an USB from the official Windows website (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10ISO)

My ram is currently in slots 2 and 4 (A2 and B2).
My SSD is placed in the lightning gen M.2 slot ( top one)
I AM not sure if I van remain infinite in my bios, the crashes don't happen that often( mostly ones in 9 days).

My Windows 10 version is 21H1 OS build 19043.1266

I hope this helps.

Jan 21, 2021
Pls help, It is getting worse. I am experiencing crashes 3 days in a row now.
Hello, we are more people with the same problem.. we have a small discussion in here: