[SOLVED] I need help with PC that won't power up.

May 28, 2020
Earlier today my pc fell over onto my wall and was wedged in between my wall and my desk. I put it back in place and turned it on. It didn’t post through my hdmi cable. I’ve had this problem so many times before, so I took the cooler, video card, and ram out, and realigned the cpu because every time I’ve had this problem before, it was a cpu misalignment.

I put everything back in, and still no post. I kept taking things out and putting them back in for a while, then I decided to take everything out, board and all, and put it all back as you would if you were installing it for the first time. Made sure everything was ok (it was) and put it all back together to the t. Go to turn the pc back on, expecting to get no post again, but this time the pc just didn’t turn on at all.

I tried resetting the cmos and also I’ve tried resetting it after I took the the mb battery out and put it back in. Nothing has worked.

My specs are
Cpu: Intel core i5-3570k
Mb: Asus p8z77-v lk
Gpu: strix gtx 1060 oc
Ram:ddr3 Asus vengeance lp 16gb (8x2) running at 1600mhzg
Psu:Corsiar hx650w

Solution
I’m not new to computers, and I tried all that already. Nothing has worked. And I’m 99% sure that everything is plugged in correctly.

Could be a damaged CPU or motherboard, you said you had to adjust the CPU before, that should never happen in a system unless it was really hit hard or the CPU was not in the socket all the way or was not locked, or heatsink was not on properly. A CPU should not just shift in the socket.
If the system did not turn on at all now you may have wired up something incorrectly, check case connections and power supply connections, that the CPU is seated properly with no bent pins. Test the system without the video card. If this type of thing happened before, and for some reason the CPU got loose, something is not installed properly or the system was not in a good area if it keeps getting knocked around, you could have finally damaged the CPU or the CPU socket on the mobo.

May 28, 2020
If the system did not turn on at all now you may have wired up something incorrectly, check case connections and power supply connections, that the CPU is seated properly with no bent pins. Test the system without the video card. If this type of thing happened before, and for some reason the CPU got loose, something is not installed properly or the system was not in a good area if it keeps getting knocked around, you could have finally damaged the CPU or the CPU socket on the mobo.
I’m not new to computers, and I tried all that already. Nothing has worked. And I’m 99% sure that everything is plugged in correctly.

May 28, 2020
Ok update; I played around with some things, and it turns on now, it just won’t post

Could be a damaged CPU or motherboard, you said you had to adjust the CPU before, that should never happen in a system unless it was really hit hard or the CPU was not in the socket all the way or was not locked, or heatsink was not on properly. A CPU should not just shift in the socket.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS