Question I need help with Ryzen 5 2600 configuration.

geraldo85

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hello,

I am trying to build fast a super cheap configuration around Ryzen 5 2600 (I already bought it) until I save some money for an i5 12600 config.

Since this is the first PC I will build on my own I am having big difficulties understanding which components can be paired with each other.

I've found a great deal for G.Skill Aegis 16GB(2x8) DDR4 3000 MHz, but I don't know if I should buy it. R5 2600 supports 2933 Mhz RAM?

And also I was planning to buy the cheapest (but not garbage MB) with m.2 slot. - I like the Gigabyte B450M S2H , but:
  • According to some websites it supports up to 2933 Mhz
  • On the official Gigabyte website, the G. Skill memory I've mentioned above is not listed under the supported RAM.

Here are my question:
1.If a motherboard supports 2933 Mhz - 3000Mhz AM stick can cause problems?
2. In general if a RAM stick is not mentioned on the Motherboard's website - it may not run?

Hello,

I am trying to build fast a super cheap configuration around Ryzen 5 2600 (I already bought it) until I save some money for an i5 12600 config.

Since this is the first PC I will build on my own I am having big difficulties understanding which components can be paired with each other.

I've found a great deal for G.Skill Aegis 16GB(2x8) DDR4 3000 MHz, but I don't know if I should buy it. R5 2600 supports 2933 Mhz RAM?

And also I was planning to buy the cheapest (but not garbage MB) with m.2 slot. - I like the Gigabyte B450M S2H , but:
  • According to some websites it supports up to 2933 Mhz
  • On the official Gigabyte website, the G. Skill memory I've mentioned above is not listed under the supported RAM.
Here are my question:
1.If a motherboard supports 2933 Mhz - 3000Mhz AM stick can cause problems?
2. In general if a RAM stick is not mentioned on the Motherboard's website - it may not run?
You really shouldn’t have gone for the 2600 for a cheap build. An older i5 would have done the job and you’re really not saving money as you’ll have to upgrade the whole platform anyway