Question I need help with setting up a file system on google drive (cloud)

AdamHFF

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2016
[Moderator Note: Moving thread from Apps and Software to Storage. More applicable.]

Hello. I have no idea where to put this in the forum so here goes: I'm having a hard time comprehending how to set up my google drive across multiple pc's/devices. I am trying to understand how I can have one main folder in my google drive and then any of my devices under the same account have access to that folder while also keeping the folder on local disk of that device and having any changes made locally uploaded to the google drive folder. I have been messing around with it and it seems that "mirroring" is what I am trying to do. Right now I have 3 copies of everything on my drive because I have been messing around too much, so hopefully I can get some help here. How do I accomplish this? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

Don’t think that’s possible. It’s just cloud storage like a hard drive in the cloud you’re not gonna sync between devices. That doesn’t even make sense to me. Different platforms

You can’t put a file system on it it’s just for storing files so there’s no syncing be between the two systems it doesn’t make sense you can’t do anything with that information anyway. I guess you could make a folder for your macOS and copy stuff there and make a folder for your win