[SOLVED] I Need Help With Some Storage/Windows Related Problem

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
I have a computer with SSD 860 evo 250gb and a HDD on. They both have windows 10 installed but the mainly used windows is the one on the SSD. Today I bought new HDD, I wanted to have more storage, what I did is - I plugged the new disk with a new cable and everything. I did not touch the connections on the other devices. I started the computer and it hits me up with the "Reboot and insert a bootable device" or something like that. I go in boot order and everithing is fine the SSD is readable on first priority the 2 disks too, I tired again - same thing. I tried to boot from the other HDD that also has windows 10 - same thing "Reboot and insert a bootable device". I dont know what to do I really need the computer for work , I have important stuff and documents on it. I inserted the SSD on another computer and it says the same thing. It cant boot, but I can choose it as a bootable option from the boot manager on the mb menu and I can access its storage, everything is there on the ssd I even started a game that was installed on it (resident evil 2 remake) and everything appeared to be normal. Please help I really dont know what to do and i have no idea why did this happen, It might be something wrong with the computer because Ive had some problems with it before, again related to the storage, I had a disk that was working totally fine and it failed, I had it replaced with new one(there was actually something wrong with it), The thing is the disk failed right after I changed an option in the MB it was for (fast boot) I have another thread with this problem(https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-is-unable-to-shut-down-monitor-goes-to-sleep.3433857/ the link to the thread if anyone is interested). My question is if it is possible for the mb to me faulty and to be the reason why all of this happens exactly with this computer, if not could it be anything else?
The specs are:
Intel G4600
ASRock H110M-HDV
Gigabyte gtx 770
2x4GB RAM 2133mhz
SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB(very new)
500GB SEAGATE Barracuda( old)
1TB WD BLUE(brand new)
The PSU is bronze I think, raidmax was the brand, I believe . Maybe it too can be the cause? Thanks in advance for help.

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Actually I want to add that I might have disconnected the SSD just to get my cables managed a little better but I plugged it in again with the same cables, also I just tried booting it again now the computer stays working for infinite amount of time but first there's a blinking "-" on the screen for about 10-20 secs then the screen goes black, still on and running not like on my other thread (monitor being in sleep mode).

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Well it i think everything is good with the windows files on it can I scan it with something to check if it's alright if all windows files are on point because it's not just that computer that doesn't recognize it as bootable device.

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
I have boot manager - enabled; boot manager timeout enabled; timeout seconds 30 below them I have default boot device - (sata3_2: Samsung SSD 860evo25); and below I have 1,2... Boot device option I only have 1st as the SSD because I unplugged everything else that all the option I have in the tool/boot manager section

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Maybe I will try to reinstall the windows on the SSD a bit later, if this problem doesn't get fixed. For now I'll just install some OS on the new HDD so I could use the computer at least. I hope it gets fixed, more I'm interested in what could be the cause for these problems I honestly will be more than happy to pay another 300 euro for a good PSU and MB because these two that I have are one of the cheapest I could find. And I'm constantly doing such work with computer like changing and adding new components, even to old PCs that barely even work and I have never ever had such problems, only this computer makes me go mad. It's just not normal I don't know.

mrkirawar

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Soory disable boot manager timeout.
Look I restarted and plugged/unplugged all of the drives multiple times to see if anything happens still same thing but finally on my last try to restart the computer it magically started working, I literally did nothing differently than before. Anyway thank you for the help and fast replies I really appreciate it man.

Look I restarted and plugged/unplugged all of the drives multiple times to see if anything happens still same thing but finally on my last try to restart the computer it magically started working, I literally did nothing differently than before. Anyway thank you for the help and fast replies I really appreciate it man.
Well I'm glad it works now, wish I knew what happened, fingers crossed it keeps working.