Question I need help with upgrading RAM ?

DDR3 is pretty forgiving about mix-'n-match
It's quite possible they would run together but at CL 10 as it always defaults to slower RAM

Reactions: sachin_dravid
Hi, thank you so much for replying, I wont face any blue screen errors or any instability right? since one is 4gb and other is 8gb, thank you once again
No guarantees but if it works it should be as described :
Size difference is not a problem but at best you will get dual channel only with 4+4GB and not on other 4. Cl most probably will be 10 as it's worse than Cl 9 but considering boost from 4 to 12GB and dual channel you'll get performance increase.
PS, if you are running 32Bit OS you would still have only up to GB of total usable memory.

Reactions: sachin_dravid
Sep 20, 2022
No guarantees but if it works it should be as described :
Size difference is not a problem but at best you will get dual channel only with 4+4GB and not on other 4. Cl most probably will be 10 as it's worse than Cl 9 but considering boost from 4 to 12GB and dual channel you'll get performance increase.
PS, if you are running 32Bit OS you would still have only up to GB of total usable memory.
im running a 64-bit os, hopefully there would be no blue screen errors. the same 4gb ram ddr3 is available but its costlier than corsair 8gb ddr3, would you suggest i go with the same one over the 8gb one? thank you