I need HELP !!

hod17956

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, so i wonder if I build this setup, its gonna have any problems whatsoever?

MOBO:Asus M5A97 (not r2.0)
CPU: FX-8350
GPU: Asus 1050Ti
PSU:750W
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
CPU COOLER:Cooler Master V8 GTS (not V2)
SSD: 500Gb

i just wanna know any compatibility issues or bottleneck can happen or not ? (sorry about my english) and thanks.

Solution

Oh OK you should clarify that in the OP more. The more information the better. But I guess I'm not entirely clear that if you have a budget of 500 Euro, you should be able to afford a new motherboard on that. A Ryzen 3 1200 is not super expensive, pair that...

hod17956

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018

So i already have everything now in my PC except the GPU, CPU and the Cooler(i have a gt 760 and a Athlon IIX2 265 right now) , and i just wanna upgrade it, but the budget is 500 Euro and i cant afford a new MOBO in the future, so i need to work with this. but i understand your strong answers and thanks.

g-unit1111

Titan

Oh OK you should clarify that in the OP more. The more information the better. But I guess I'm not entirely clear that if you have a budget of 500 Euro, you should be able to afford a new motherboard on that. A Ryzen 3 1200 is not super expensive, pair that with a B350 motherboard, 8GB of DDR4-3000, and use the stock AMD cooler and that would only set you back about 250 Euro, leaving the rest for the GPU. A 1050TI is not that expensive compared to the rest of the competition, although in some countries prices can definitely vary.

An FX-8350 is not a good investment right now even if you do have the motherboard. It's an obsolete platform and has no room for an upgrade path. For the same price as an FX CPU right now, you could go with a low end Ryzen and motherboard, and you will be secure for the next several years.

Solution
I agree that upgrading to the FX 8350 is not a great move. Your best bet is to upgrade the full platform with new ram, CPU and motherboard. I had an FX 6300 previously, and can tell you that even the ryzen 3 1200 would be a higher upgrade for you. Plus give you a better upgrade path so that you could upgrade the processor later etc.

TRENDING THREADS