Question I need help

May 15, 2019
Hey I just finished putting together a new pc. Everything is plugged into the right place but when I turn on the pc I get no signal on my monitor but the motherboard does light up and has power and so does the cpu fan and power supply. Any idea what it could be and how to fix it?

May 15, 2019
Assuming that this is a new build that has never loaded OS/booted.
Unhook the monitor from the GPU and use the onboard graphics to boot. See if it will display. Update your system, then obtain the GPU driver, restore connection.

Tried getting into bios from on-board graphics but didn't work.

With the components you have and the fact it does not work with onboard power, I would guess something is not plugged in properly. Go over the setup, including the CPU and heatsink installation to the motherboard. If you are not experienced with building systems have someone else look things over with you, often can help to find issues that you may miss. I've been working with all sorts of systems for 30 years and I still can miss simple stuff since you tend to be more blind to something you did.

Okay. First make sure your Cables are hooked to the Connector on the Graphics Card and NOT the Motherboard. That happens more times than you would know. If it isn't working, then REMOVE the card and then try the Connect on the motherboard ( Integrated Graphics ). You HAVE to remove the Graphics card in order to enable the Integrated onboard Graphics. If it works, then plug the card back in ( don't worry about the drivers at this point as Windows will use a generic driver ), make sure the power cables to the crad are plugged in. You have to do this, as it will not get enough power from the PCIe slot to drive it.

TRENDING THREADS