[SOLVED] i need help

Dec 4, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/IMQ7Rh7

i need help, im getting this kind of image in my monitor
i dont know if its the video card or my monitor
Scenario was, my unit is in auto turn off display when in idle, when i move my mouse to turn on the display, im getting this image, and i still hear the video that im playing, and no sign of freezing.

i have no problem during playing games in high settings, nor video editing, does it mean my video card is not the prob? is it the monitor?

Solution
I do not know if the GPU is the problem or not.

What needs to be done is to methodically narrow down the possibilities. Directly or indirectly.

If the GPU passes some tests and/or plays well in games then that would tend to eliminate the GPU as the problem.

Change your pc so it will not auto turn off. For testing purposes and just for long enough to determine the shown image returns or continues with all other things being the same.

Do the following: before you change the pc open Resource Monitor and observe system performance.

First while just letting the pc idle, second while doing light work and browsing, and third while gaming. Leave the Resource monitor window open but dragged to one side of the screen.

The graphs may...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Disable auto turn off - does the problem continue?

Do you have another known working monitor or even a TV that you can use to swap with?

Or move your monitor to another computer. Determine if the problem stays with the current host computer or follows the monitor.

Swap in another known working video cable.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the GPU drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Dec 4, 2019
my unit is
i7 4790 non K
B85 pro gamer board
32gb ram at 1600mhz
msi Rx 580 8gb gaming x

i dont have a spare monitor here. my monitor is only a vga monitor, i used a vga to hdmi converter.

Dec 4, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Disable auto turn off - does the problem continue?

Do you have another known working monitor or even a TV that you can use to swap with?

Or move your monitor to another computer. Determine if the problem stays with the current host computer or follows the monitor.

Swap in another known working video cable.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the GPU drivers via the manufacturer's website.

its a newly fresh installed windows 10, and my video card is currently upto date.

Dec 4, 2019
Remove or disable the GPU and try the motherboard's integrated graphics.
is it possible that the gpu is the prob? i just finish a stress test on my gpu using funmark, im getting no problem, and i havent encounter a prob during playing AAA games at high/ultra settings at 720p or 1080p. im encountering this problem sometimes after my pc is auto turn off display.

Ralston18

Titan
I do not know if the GPU is the problem or not.

What needs to be done is to methodically narrow down the possibilities. Directly or indirectly.

If the GPU passes some tests and/or plays well in games then that would tend to eliminate the GPU as the problem.

Change your pc so it will not auto turn off. For testing purposes and just for long enough to determine the shown image returns or continues with all other things being the same.

Do the following: before you change the pc open Resource Monitor and observe system performance.

First while just letting the pc idle, second while doing light work and browsing, and third while gaming. Leave the Resource monitor window open but dragged to one side of the screen.

The graphs may provide some indication of what is happening leading up to the display issue.

If nothing is apparent via Resource Monitor then turn off auto turn off. Observe all again.

Solution