Question I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2020
My CPU has been acting weird on my laptop lately when I start to run games it suddenly goes to 20% and frames go to 8-10, but when it goes to 80% on a game it goes 60-85 frames, I need help to fix it, I went to userbenchmark.com and it tells me that the power is set to 77% for the CPU and I should switch it to 100% but when I turn it to 100% it still does nothing, still when I am getting is the same, it didn't use to do that but it started like a couple of weeks ago, anyone Can help me with this, please?

Some useful information about my laptop:

-i7-7400U (i know it not for gaming but I really don't care that much as its doing its job)
-the laptop is from Thinkpad, the module is X240

Apr 23, 2020
What games your trying to play because think this laptop only behaving this way because its only got Intel® HD4400 Graphics and just to let you know that this forum is helpful and not everyone will have answers to every question.
And i know its not made for gaming but its doing so good frames in Minecraft and roblox, but it started to act weird lately and started to get weird frame drops

popatim

Titan
I figured it out
Hdd is the thing Failing not my Processor, Could you help me out with fixing it cause I really don't know that much about HDDs.

Don't assume the drive is failing, it very well could be heat buildup and your CPU fan is clogged or failing.

You need to test things first, not just trow money at it, unless you just want to go buy a new laptop...

And since this probably isn't your drive failing, I'm moving this to our Laptop Tech Support section.

Apr 23, 2020
Don't assume the drive is failing, it very well could be heat buildup and your CPU fan is clogged or failing.

You need to test things first, not just trow money at it, unless you just want to go buy a new laptop...

And since this probably isn't your drive failing, I'm moving this to our Laptop Tech Support section.
then how could i figure whats broken? I knew it was the had by the task manger, every time i get low fps i get my desk which is the hdd to 20% ish but when high fps comes it works to like 60% ish

popatim

Titan
then how could i figure whats broken? I knew it was the had by the task manger, every time i get low fps i get my desk which is the hdd to 20% ish but when high fps comes it works to like 60% ish
HDD: Run Crystaldiskinfo, Take a screenshot of the output window and host it on an image sharing site, such as imgur, and then paste a link to it here for us. (usually the BBC code for it). This doesn't test, only lists what the drive itself has detected and being a problem. The technology is called SMART if you were interested in reading up on it. Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology.

Temperatures: run Speedfan or HWmonitor, link us to screenshots of the results again plz.

If your drive is a Seagate, you can test with Seatools for Windows: https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Status
Not open for further replies.