Nov 28, 2019
What is the best way to cut corners on my gaming pc build. I want to keep the price under 980 euros, but I don't know if I can make my build cheaper. If so, how should I do it or should I leave the build how it is. I want at least 144fps at medium/high settings in most games (not games where that's almost impossible like gta 5 or AC).
This is my build so far: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/vzhXGc

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance : )

Edit: I also want build in WIFI, cuz i really need that

Solution
Just wondering, it comes with a slightly higher clock speed and a better stock cooler, also has 2 more cores and 4 more threads than a 3600, which improves performance in gaming and multitasking, in some places of the world the difference in price was tiny, between either the 2600, 3600 and 2700x so it was the better deal, the 3600, would be a great choice for you if you can't afford the step up, personally i'd recommend 8 cores though

One of the ways i saved a little money was to buy the cheapest case that came with 6 fans, kind of worth it kind of not to be honest and buying a non modular power supply, saved me a little money too but you have avoided the downfalls of doing that, build looks solid, just see how the budget fits the cpu...

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Go for a bronze power supply, i don't think your rig will need maximum efficiency, don't really need the cooler for the cpu stock is good enough, with that you may have an extra 50 for a nicer cpu, what is the difference in price between a 2700x and a 2600 where you are?

Nov 28, 2019
Go for a bronze power supply, i don't think your rig will need maximum efficiency, don't really need the cooler for the cpu stock is good enough, with that you may have an extra 50 for a nicer cpu, what is the difference in price between a 2700x and a 2600 where you are?
WOW thanks for the psu and the cooler tip, only the difference between a 2700x and a 2600 is around 80 euros, what is around 86 dollars. What should I do with that? I could use a ryzen 5 3600 which is way cheaper.

Edit: this is my build right now ( left the cpu out of it) https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/VC62L2

Last edited:

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Just wondering, it comes with a slightly higher clock speed and a better stock cooler, also has 2 more cores and 4 more threads than a 3600, which improves performance in gaming and multitasking, in some places of the world the difference in price was tiny, between either the 2600, 3600 and 2700x so it was the better deal, the 3600, would be a great choice for you if you can't afford the step up, personally i'd recommend 8 cores though

One of the ways i saved a little money was to buy the cheapest case that came with 6 fans, kind of worth it kind of not to be honest and buying a non modular power supply, saved me a little money too but you have avoided the downfalls of doing that, build looks solid, just see how the budget fits the cpu choice

Solution
Nov 28, 2019

One of the ways i saved a little money was to buy the cheapest case that came with 6 fans, kind of worth it kind of not to be honest and buying a non modular power supply, saved me a little money too but you have avoided the downfalls of doing that, build looks solid, just see how the budget fits the CPU choice
Oké, thanks You helped me A LOT. Without your help I wouldn't have this amazing build. This is the final build: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/CpHpn7
I chose the r5 3600 + stock cooler and a fully modular 80+ bronze psu and ofcourse the rtx 2060 ko. Thank you so much for your help : )

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
You are very welcome

pc part picker says there that you may need an extra 4 pin connection from your power supply, just double check that, it usually is extra power to the motherboard for overclocking, i don't think it will be an issue at all, just double check the specs on the motherboard manufacturers website and go for it