[SOLVED] I need help

Oct 23, 2020
Hello all,
About a year and a half ago I built a pc for gaming with the following specs, Ryzen 5 2600(stock cooler), Gigabyte Aorus b450MATX, 16gb of Gskills Ripjaw V, Rx 570 (I bought this used for cheap, and I suspect it was previously used for crypto mining), 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 120 gb Kingston ssd (windows on this), Corsair power supply. My pc has been crashing frequently to the blue screen of death while playing taxing games like, Space Engineers, Rainbow Six, GTA V, Red Dead, ARMA 3, etc... It always seems to be a different error each time but it is normally a KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDELED, IRLQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, NON PAGE FAULT IN WINDOWED AREA, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I monitor my temperatures on GPU and CPU to make sure they don't too high, there is no sign of correlation between overheating of GPU and CPU and crashing. I have no clue what the problem is and im very interested in any help that could be provided.
Thank you for your time.

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

just to save time. If all the errors are different each time, it could be ram.

Valorant can cause BSOD as well. But so far none have mentioned it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Oct 23, 2020

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/8a25qrp3/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:102520-16437-01.dmp (Oct 25 2020 - 17:40:26)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdkmdag.sys
Probably caused by:amdkmdag.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10#kf
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You are using version F2, the latest is version F51. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/ov2L1s4h/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:110720-17953-01.dmp (Nov 7 2020 - 01:40:47)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Probably caused by:Ntfs.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

just to save time. If all the errors are different each time, it could be ram.

Valorant can cause BSOD as well. But so far none have mentioned it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS