[SOLVED] I need help.

Jun 28, 2021
So I've always kept space on my drive C, I always had around 140-150GB free. Today however, felt like getting GTA5 again so that took up 100GB then on top of that mods. Which has left me with 13GB free space. Now I record videos, so I need space to actually save clips, I was checking out my system because this PC was 1000£ so I expected more space, I found out that I have another drive that has almost 2TB of space, and all of it is used up but with what? I have not got a lot of useless stuff, I uninstall anything I dont use. It makes 0 sense is there a way to fix this and use all this space as another drive or is it not usable? I made it visible, inside the disk there folder called FileHistory and some other dll files which are all super small files (kb) so whats taking up 2TB of space in this disk? This is a picture of it. https://prnt.sc/17cll0p

Solution

However, Now I have another problem my D drive with 1.8TB of free space is on disk 0 and my C drive which is almost full is on disk 1 so how do I allocate more space into C drive without having to pay 40$ for programs that allow me to do that?
You don't/can't allocate space from the D to the C.
Two different physical drives.

You need to have some stuff that is currently ont he C...and put it ont he D.

The above mentioned applications, again., this time with the C drive.
See what is consuming your space.
Jun 28, 2021
So, for whatever reason, you have 1.7TB of .mp4 files.
Consumes almost the whole drive.

Did YOU do that (appears not), or did someone else?

Do you have any game capture stuff running?
I do record videos, however after I render a video and upload it I delete all the clips. Currently I have about 4 clips which all add up to about 3GB of usage. Where can I delete that 1.7TB of mp4 files? Okay a little update, I went back into that program and found out they are all of my old clips over months of recording videos. I wanted to delete all of them but it says it could harm the system by removing things. Is it fine to delete them as they are old clips that were deleted but somehow made it on that hard drive? Another update, I put the drive as visible and went to the folder where all the clips are and yes, there are my first recording clips. Somehow every mp4 recording file I deleted went to there so I guess its safe to delete all these. Okay I deleted it now I got basically 1800GB free space thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021
So, for whatever reason, you have 1.7TB of .mp4 files.
Consumes almost the whole drive.

Did YOU do that (appears not), or did someone else?

Do you have any game capture stuff running?
However, Now I have another problem my D drive with 1.8TB of free space is on disk 0 and my C drive which is almost full is on disk 1 so how do I allocate more space into C drive without having to pay 40$ for programs that allow me to do that?

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
Jun 28, 2021

is there a way to move any games/files to another free drive or do I have to reinstall the programs to that drive instead

USAFRet

Titan
is there a way to move any games/files to another free drive or do I have to reinstall the programs to that drive instead
Your personal files, no problem.
Music, movies, docs, etc.

Games...
Steam games are pretty easy.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties
Local Files
Move Install Folder
------------------
Other game platforms have a similar function.