i keep getting a site that pops into where ever i am on the net. The site is
http://217.170.4.137/_vti_bin/index.html. Can you please tell me of a way to
get rid of this thing.

thanks
Vickie

Hello Vickie

Is it a pop-up? Is so you have a pop-up blocker. There are many different
ones you can download for free (For example look at www.download.com). But
most internet service providers have their own ones bulit into your browser.
What ISP are you with? (eg AOL). You should find it in the "tools" option on
the toolbar.

Then, if you can, paste that url into the sites you want to block.

Otherwise, simply explore the options your browser gives you. you might be
able to block it another way.

I hope this helps

"vickie" wrote:

> i keep getting a site that pops into where ever i am on the net. The site is
> http://217.170.4.137/_vti_bin/index.html. Can you please tell me of a way to
> get rid of this thing.
>
> thanks
> Vickie

Does your ISP provide you with a Web Pop up blocker? If so, try using
that. I know AOL does and it works pretty well for me.

vickie Wrote:
> i keep getting a site that pops into where ever i am on the net. The
> site is
> http://217.170.4.137/_vti_bin/index.html. Can you please tell me of a
> way to
> get rid of this thing.
>
> thanks
> Vickie

Try the Google Toolbar and the Yahoo Toolbar.
Or better yet, try a different browser like Opera which has pop up
blocker already installed.

--
Evolution54