Question I need Information about icons used in Windows 7.

Jul 4, 2019
I want to change an icon, but do not find the icon I want to use. On my Windows 7 laptop running Home Premium the icon for Microsoft Security Essentials is on the notification area on the lower right of the screen. But I do not find a way to put it in the same place in Windows 7 Professional. Both are X64 machines and operating systems. I have other questions about icons, but will start with just this one. Thank you.

rayno3

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I want to change an icon, but do not find the icon I want to use. On my Windows 7 laptop running Home Premium the icon for Microsoft Security Essentials is on the notification area on the lower right of the screen. But I do not find a way to put it in the same place in Windows 7 Professional. Both are X64 machines and operating systems. I have other questions about icons, but will start with just this one. Thank you.

rayno3

Are you asking you want the same Essentials notification icon in the system tray as it appears on your laptop? I'm not sure what you mean because having it show in the notifications area is quite simple. Can't you do that by clicking the little up arrow and click customize?

Jul 4, 2019
Thank you for your reply. In the Professional version, the only time I even see that icon is when I click to open the menu and then choose ALL PROGRAMS, then MSE. And when it shows, it is on the taskbar and there is no up-arrow on it. On the Home Premium version, the icon stays in the notification area all the time. I want to make the Professional version do the same, or at least have the icon on the desktop to make it easier to find and start the program. I thought there should be a folder containing all the Windows 7 icons, but I do not find it. Maybe it is hidden? Thank you for any advice. rayno3

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im on Win7 pro, i took some screen shots for you to compare.

Programs list above start
7kPcshN.jpg

System tray notifications and how Essentials looks like for me which you can adjust with customize.

CICFrSE.jpg

Customize;, this is where you can change how it appears.

Otjxvmm.jpg

Jul 4, 2019
Thank you very much. I tried it and it works. I never expected to find that icon there. It now appears as it should. I sure appreciate the help. Have a great day and weekend.

rayno3