I Need Opinions

Feb 19, 2019
Hi Everyone,
So Last week, I got a new PC and it was running fine, but since yesterday it's been giving me a serious headache. Now when I got the PC, I played AC Odyssey and Apex Legends on it and they were running fine but yesterday I downloaded and started playing CSGO. At first, it ran alright but suddenly the screen went black and the PC just hangs up, plus the keyboard stops working. After this, things got worse and now whenever I start a game my PC either hangs up like it did when playing CSGO or just shuts down. It's not only limited to games either, I was watching Netflix today and the computer just shuts down on its own. If anyone is reading this, please help me.

My PC specs
i7 4790 3.6 Ghz 4 cores
Corsair 8 GB Ram
AMD RX 570 Strix 4GB
Asus Sabertooth Motherboard
Cooler Master Extreme 2 625W PSU

Probably best you post on the hardware boards. Should get more attention and responses.

As it is... crash could be RAM related or a driver issue. Shutting down sounds more like a power supply issue to me. Are you able to use a hardware monitor like HWiNFO to have a look at the voltages on the motherboard? Or perhaps enter BIOS which may also have those readings?

But most of those components are quite old now. How new is 'new'?

Reactions: Abdullah Javed

HyperPete

Prominent
Feb 17, 2019
I presume you are running Windows 10.

Do a system restore. See if that fixes it. Most problems are self-created.

Feb 19, 2019
Probably best you post on the hardware boards. Should get more attention and responses.

As it is... crash could be RAM related or a driver issue. Shutting down sounds more like a power supply issue to me. Are you able to use a hardware monitor like HWiNFO to have a look at the voltages on the motherboard? Or perhaps enter BIOS which may also have those readings?

But most of those components are quite old now. How new is 'new'?
Well, I shouldn't have said that my pc was new cause technically it isn't. You see we don't get brand new parts where I live (a small town in Pakistan), so this sounded like a good deal to me. One more thing that I noticed today was that even when idle, my cpu temps are around 55-62 C even though all the fans are working correctly.

And sorry if this isn't the right forum for these discussions. I'm new around here and I'll be better next time 🙂, and thanks for replying btw.

My concern is you wouldn't get the attention and assistance rather than something being in the wrong place. (But as long as people do assist then that's fine.)

The question about it being new is really a concern about whether any of the components are faulty through extended use. Clean install as suggested by HyperPete is worthwhile if the previous owner just left it.

CPU temperature... what is the ambient temperature where you are? This would affect the idle temperature of components. More importantly is how hot the CPU gets when under a full load; ideally it should be under 80 degrees C. For reference: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/