[SOLVED] I need replacement screen for 17" Dell Vostro laptop

ned0cromwell

Honorable
May 18, 2015
The screen in this Dell Vostro is dead. I have looked several times on EBay for a replacement for that exact model unit with no luck. I have not posted at Dell because I am not ready to purchase a new screen just yet. The display type is a WXGA (1440X900). I am wondering if any of the the other Dell display screens for a different 17" laptop are generic such that it could use another display screen (ie: a used 1920x1200) in this Vostro laptop and get it working once again. It does work with a 15" Viewsonic CRT plugged into the VGA socket on the right side. But, that display isn't activeated/connected until after or late in boot, thus any errors reported during boot are lost. Besides, it is no longer a portable when configured that way.

It still has Windows 7 installed.

Last edited:
Solution
I see plenty of Vostro replacement LCDs for sale, but without a specific model I don't think anyone can help you further. Rather expensive the ones that are up there.

A few 1680x1050 panels out there for 17" Vostro.

Might actually have better luck buying a whole laptop at this point.

I guess the best question is: Is it worth doing?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I see plenty of Vostro replacement LCDs for sale, but without a specific model I don't think anyone can help you further. Rather expensive the ones that are up there.

A few 1680x1050 panels out there for 17" Vostro.

Might actually have better luck buying a whole laptop at this point.

I guess the best question is: Is it worth doing?

Solution