[SOLVED] I need some help and the screen melts?

Solution
That can't be artifacting. He's posted a Windows screenshot, and the dots are showing up in the screenshot. That means that Windows is actually rendering those dots since a screenshot bypasses the display path of your graphics hardware; they're not an artifact of an overheating GPU or bad VRAM. In other words, it's a software problem.

My guess would be some type of 3rd party program installed which is trying to alter the display, which is adding the dots. Try booting into safe mode and see if the dots still appear. If they're gone, then you're going to have to go through the list of programs and utilities which normally load when the computer starts, and figure out which one is the culprit.

Colif

Win 11 Master
your picture appears to be broken, i get an error trying to load it

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.</Details>
</Error>

Jan 15, 2021
your picture appears to be broken, i get an error trying to load it

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.</Details>
</Error>
should work now i replied with a photo

Jan 15, 2021
yeah, I can see photo, so i take it the dots and lines are the problem?
I can't say I seen that before.

Have you tried updating gpu drivers?
what laptop is it?
It's a
HP 15-dk1035nr 15.6" Pavilion Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i5-10300H - Nvidia GeForce GTX1050
It's connected to a ASUS monitor that has the GTX1050 on that screen and the laptop has the intel

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 15, 2021

Colif

Win 11 Master
That can't be artifacting. He's posted a Windows screenshot, and the dots are showing up in the screenshot. That means that Windows is actually rendering those dots since a screenshot bypasses the display path of your graphics hardware; they're not an artifact of an overheating GPU or bad VRAM. In other words, it's a software problem.

My guess would be some type of 3rd party program installed which is trying to alter the display, which is adding the dots. Try booting into safe mode and see if the dots still appear. If they're gone, then you're going to have to go through the list of programs and utilities which normally load when the computer starts, and figure out which one is the culprit.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution