I need some help choosing between an i5 and an i7 intel cpu

Fleming_1

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I’m currently sitting between an i5 and i7 because of a single reason: hyper threatening.

Is it that big of a deal when I’m running YouTube, a game, and discord ?

What impact dose it have ?

Solution
Is hyper threatening some new feature to speed up trolling on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube? :D

Anyways, when talking about current gen i5 and i7. You probably won't see too much difference between the two. Unless you are trying for very high FPS at 1920x1080 with the likes of a GTX 1080.

Long term the i7 will last longer. Since some current games push the four core i5 models. Adding discord and Youtube at the same time will likely push a six core i5 pretty hard. So, in another couple years the i5 may not handle everything.

I've never heard someone complain that their CPU is too fast or they have too much RAM.
Is hyper threatening some new feature to speed up trolling on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube? :D

Anyways, when talking about current gen i5 and i7. You probably won't see too much difference between the two. Unless you are trying for very high FPS at 1920x1080 with the likes of a GTX 1080.

Long term the i7 will last longer. Since some current games push the four core i5 models. Adding discord and Youtube at the same time will likely push a six core i5 pretty hard. So, in another couple years the i5 may not handle everything.

I've never heard someone complain that their CPU is too fast or they have too much RAM.

Solution

Fleming_1

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

it's not the speed but the price for what i get