Aug 24, 2020
I started a build and can't figure out what's wrong with it. Everything that's supposed to be plugged in is, and when I flip the switch on the PSU the board flashes then nothing I press the power button the graphics card flashes then nothing no debug lights stay on the CPU flashes once really fast. The only thing "on" in the case are 2 little leds on the card saying it's getting power. Please help.
UPDATE: I Have it powering on it stays on for about a minute or so the turns off. No video output any guidance would be very helpful.
Update:I had I make it to bios then switched boot to USB windows media and now no video out put
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE Ryzen 3000 ready (or so the box says)
PSU: Apevia Jupiter 600w
CPU: Ryzen 3700x with stock cooler
GPU: ROG Strix RTX 2060 6gb
Ram: 16gb of Samsung ddr4 2400
Case: Corsair Carbide spec-02
No OS Yet

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
I started a build and can't figure out what's wrong with it. Everything that's supposed to be plugged in is, and when I flip the switch on the PSU the board flashes then nothing I press the power button the graphics card flashes then nothing no debug lights stay on the CPU flashes once really fast. The only thing "on" in the case are 2 little leds on the card saying it's getting power. Please help.
UPDATE: I Have it powering on it stays on for about a minute or so the turns off. No video output any guidance would be very helpful.
Can you also take a picture of the inside of your build and all around just so we can get an idea of what may be missing where. Also full system specs is needed. thank you.

Aug 24, 2020
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE Ryzen 3000 ready (or so the box says)
PSU: Apevia Jupiter 600w
CPU: Ryzen 3700x with stock cooler
GPU: ROG Strix RTX 2060 6gb
Ram: 16gb of Samsung ddr4 2400
Case: Corsair Carbide spec-02
No OS Yet
Here's the images of the build

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TA2FcsZXYwz5ZWLbA

Aug 24, 2020
2 THings that power supply is probably not giving you what it says 600W is not near enough for that build. Furthermore No OS thats a big one too. Going to need that. But I would change that PSU something to about 650W trusted brand.
I've made it to bios and snow I'm stuck, reboot and now I have a VGA boot error on the board

I'm telling you it's your power supply. THe 12V power output is only 528W even then it may be less. You need a more trusted brand. It says it right on the PSU itself that its only at best 528W. Not enough to power that system

While you're spot on about the quality of the power supply, I'm thinking more memory or CMOS reset here. So to the OP, maybe an idea to try resetting the CMOS and trying with just each individual stick of memory?

I really want it to be your memory so you can send it back and get some +3000Mhz memory, because what you have now is not going to help your Ryzen's performance.

Aug 24, 2020
P
I'm telling you it's your power supply. THe 12V power output is only 528W even then it may be less. You need a more trusted brand. It says it right on the PSU itself that its only at best 528W. Not enough to power that system
I will upgrade the PSU. I think it's ugly anyways, but I've gotten booted up into windows and everything seems to be running good. Thanks for all of your help.

Aug 24, 2020
While you're spot on about the quality of the power supply, I'm thinking more memory or CMOS reset here. So to the OP, maybe an idea to try resetting the CMOS and trying with just each individual stick of memory?

I really want it to be your memory so you can send it back and get some +3000Mhz memory, because what you have now is not going to help your Ryzen's performance.
I've gotten booted into windows and everything now, I was suspecting memory at first but it worked with my 2700 so I was sceptical. But I do plan to upgrade that too. Thanks for your input tho.

Ferimer

Distinguished
According to some website the MOBO is not most ideal compatible with the 3700x, due to it being built for the 2nd Gen Ryzens and then updated to run 3rd gen its performance will be cut. In other words the build you have will not see full potential of its components.

According to some website the MOBO is not most ideal compatible with the 3700x, due to it being built for the 2nd Gen Ryzens and then updated to run 3rd gen its performance will be cut. In other words the build you have will not see full potential of its components.

Those websites are wrong then, because those boards fully support the Ryzen 3000 series. But the only way some of them can do that is to drop support for 1st gen Ryzen. Not really a big issue if you're running a 300 series CPU.

TRENDING THREADS