[SOLVED] I need some help troubleshooting.

Mar 27, 2020
Alright so three days ago now my PSU died on me and I had to replace it. The new one came in the yesterday and I installed it with little to no trouble. It booted up just fine and everything was working for the next like three hours that I was using it. I only really used a web browser and Microsoft word within these three hours, getting some school work done. After I tried booting up a game (ARK: Survival Evolved) that's fairly GPU intensive but I have the settings down fairly low mostly for optimization of fps reasons since my GPU is pretty new. After about 5 minutes in game my PC shut itself down and started boot looping. I took care of it pretty quickly and started troubleshooting. So far what I have learned through benchmarks is that my PC shuts down while under heavier GPU load but I don't think that my GPU is the problem since I have a GTX 1660 Ti that's about 8 months old. I'm really starting to become frustrated with this since I can't figure out what's causing my PC to shut down under load like that. My GPU and CPU both run at normal temperatures up and through the shut down, (GPU staying at around 65-70 degrees C and the CPU staying at a cool 40 degrees C) so I don't think it's an overheating problem. I'm starting to wonder if it could be my motherboard simply due to old age since it's like 4.5 years old now or maybe my new PSU or something and I'm really hoping it's not my CPU which I don't think it is. Reseating everything from the cables to some of the actual parts didn't seem to help either. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS (4.5 years old)
PSU: EVGA 700W ATX12V/EPS12V 80 Plus Bronze (2 days old)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, not overclocked (About 8 months old)
CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.00GHz, not overclocked (4.5 Years old)
RAM: 2x 8GB ADATA DDR3 (Both 4.5 years old)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda (2 years old)
SSD: 128GB I forget the brand (2 years old)

Solution
there's always the possibility that when the old PSU went out it damaged other components.

find a friend or family member with a similar system and test your individual components there. if everything else functions fine elsewhere, it's got to be the motherboard. then find a cheap used nice Z97 board.

or you can have a local shop test the components for you. call around and see what they charge for full system diagnosis.
there's always the possibility that when the old PSU went out it damaged other components.

find a friend or family member with a similar system and test your individual components there. if everything else functions fine elsewhere, it's got to be the motherboard. then find a cheap used nice Z97 board.

or you can have a local shop test the components for you. call around and see what they charge for full system diagnosis.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS