Question I need some help with my artifacts problem.

Aug 10, 2020
So basically i got a new graphics card (radeon RX 570), a new power supply, and a new ssd. ever since i installed them i'v been getting theese visual glitches my friend calls artifacts . theese happen literally at any moment, it can happen when i'm typing in my password on the lockscreen, it can happen while doing nothing (small programs like steam and discord running in the background but generally doing nothing that stresses my pc), it can happen while editing videos, or gaming etc etc. Everyone who i asked gave me different causes and different solutions,(graphics card, power supply, monitor, heating, ram etc) and im really stuck with this. I can't afford to change all the parts out that they mentioned, and i can't/don't want to sell the pc for half of its price because it has an unknown error.

the artifacts go like this: a diagonal line of saturated pixels appear, then my screen goes black and it sometimes flashes back to normal then back to black, but sometimes it just stays that way untill i force restart (sent an imgur link in here to the pictures, if a mod is reading this hope its not against the rules to post links) View: https://imgur.com/a/2I0Drbb

i also have a LOT of bluescreens that also happen randomly with the following stopcodes : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT , CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION , SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I can give more information if needed; like stuff in DXdiag, MSI afterburner statistics, benchmarking etc. View: https://imgur.com/a/CG0Cadh
(picture of my current msi afterburner settings)

here are my specs (forgot to list them originally, thanks for reminding me Lutfij!)
CURRENT:
-powersuply mwe 450 white 230v
-ssd Samsung 860 EVO 2.5 250GB SATA3 MZ-76E250
-cpu Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470S CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
-motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H
-ram 8gb ddr3 1333mhz
-gpu Radeon RX570 series
-OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
-bios F16J 14/11/2017
OLD:
same everything except:
-gpu sh6 94v0
-power supply codegen 400w
-didn't have the ssd
-os was older but i can't remember what it was exactly

i really apriciate you reading through this, if you have any idea how to fix this please do let me know. contact me on here, or discord Dr.Racizmo#6512

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

With regards to your system please pass on the before specs as well as after specs for your system. I'm assuming you've reinstalled the OS when you migrated to an SSD? If so, also check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.

It's more likely a faulty GPU, but it could be a problem with the motherboard. Try moving the GPU to the other x16 slots. If that doesn't work you could try reseating the CPU, but that is unlikely to change anything. If you have access to another system to try it in, do that before resorting to your final option of RMAing the GPU for replacement.

Aug 10, 2020
i tried moving it but the other slot is blocked so i can't plug in my hdmi cable. Im now using my old GPU but it only displays 1280x1020. and i'm not entierly sure if my pc even detects the gpu: its not in the performance tab in task manager, in DxDiag and MSI afterburner it says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, some games run on either 1fps and some others simply say that the minimum requirements aren't met so i can't play.

i tried moving it but the other slot is blocked so i can't plug in my hdmi cable. Im now using my old GPU but it only displays 1280x1020. and i'm not entierly sure if my pc even detects the gpu: its not in the performance tab in task manager, in DxDiag and MSI afterburner it says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, some games run on either 1fps and some others simply say that the minimum requirements aren't met so i can't play.
Looking up information on your GPU reveals it's an OEM Nvidia GT218. so you will need to manually download the Geforce 200 series GPU driver to use it. Looking at stats on it though it looks like it's much slower then the Intel HD 2500 iGPU built into your i5-3470S, so you are better off plugging directly into the motherboards display outputs.

Either way, you won't be playing any games that would work on the RX 570 until you RMA that card or figure out if something is wrong with the motherboard. My money is on the GPU being faulty and should be RMA'ed.