Sep 9, 2019
I have a ryzen 7 1700x, b350 asrock mobo, corsair 16gb ram rated for 3200mhz and a 1080ti strix.

My problem is that i play overwatch competetively and don´t care too much about looks, i keep my graphics set to low or turned off. I only want higher frames. Recently i had to underclock my ram to a mere 2000mhz because anything above and my game will just randomly get turned off and sometimes when i get back to my computer say after leaving it on all night my screens will be black and not responding. Also i can have my cpu stable at 3.875ghz but not quite 3.9ghz.

I really would pref to buy a ryzen cpu since i like them more than intel as a company, I am wondering if i get enough perfomance for my 240hz moniter with 3rd gen ryzen and also if i can increase my ram speeds with 3rd gen ryzen as i´ve heard they have better compatibility but then i am wondering if i have to upgrade my motherboard or just to a 3rd gen cpu and continue with my b350.

Bottom line i want to know if i can increase my ram speed with 3rd gen ryzen and b350 motherboard or if i should buy a intel chip and mobo (also wondering which one is the best for gaming at a reasonable price currently considering 8700k and have no clue what motherboard i should go for then)

TRENDING THREADS