Question I need some OC Help (Vega 64 Airboost)

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
I purchased the Vega 64 card knowing full well that it is not just a card that you should plug and play if you want the best performance and cooling out of the card. Don't get me wrong, the cards a beast, but it sucks power and the default fan curves are knida bad. So from what I have read, MOST people with my card recommend Undervolting the card and putting an OC on it to get better efficiency and performance. I don't feel confident enough to fiddle with Wattman or Afterburner to get an Undervolt that would be good for my computer (I don't want to damage any hardware). Basically, I have an idea of what Im doing but i just want someone to kind walk me through it so i don't damage anything or so i don't make it perform worse than before. The card has great performance specs for the price, it just takes some fine tuning to get it optimized to its potential.

Here are my Specs:
CPU-Ryzen 7 2700
GPU-MSI Vega 64 Airboost
RAM-2x 8GB DD4 Trident
Mobo-ASUS Prime x-470 Pro
PSU-850W
Monitor- 144Hz 1ms
Drives- 1TB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD 7600RPM

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
ok, good news is you are likely not going to damage your hardware with what you are asking. you will need to learn wattman though, it's easy. i go into global wattman settings and set a custom profile. i usually go plus 20 on the power limit. set your memory to 1050 and as for undervolting the vega 64 maxes out on the 7th pstate as 1200mv. I usually back it down to 1125mv and do the same for the rest of the pstates, 1075mv for pstate 6 and so on hit apply and run a benchmark or game. every card is different but this usually is how i run mine daily