[SOLVED] I need suggestions for a graphics card

Nov 28, 2019
I am looking for a graphics card of a 200-300 ( sorry, EDIT : make it 160 USD ) range. The Radeon RX 580 seems to fit my needs ( Not an AMD or NVIDIA fanboy, just a gamer trying to build his first PC. )
Any other graphics card suggestions are accepted, 250 USD is about my price, going over that price is OK
If I do get the RX 580 ( ir any other card ), which variant would offer the performance & cooling, keeping in mind the price (If that is a thing LOL, I dunno, a price vs performance and cooling graph thingy? I don't want the graph pls)
Thank you if you read this stupidly long post and take your time to offer some help

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019
My bad, sorry, USD is not my currency, I am from India, so the direct currency translation is not effective, Amazon has a different pricing thingy, so RX 580 is 170 USD. Which variant or card would be worth going for if I would like the temps to be around 60° Celsius?
Honestly, let me lay this out. I have never built a PC before. I have been playing at cybercafes ( whose owner is a NVIDIA fanboy, so I couldn't get some advice which didn't seem biased; I personally think a RX 570 is better than 1050ti, and still, I give it to NVIDIA, a 1080ti is better than any AMD card ) and currently am on a Dell Inspiron Laptop ( for which I paid 900 USD 5 yrs ago )
The 3 things I have in mind for the PC are the Patriot Viper Steel Series 16 GB RAM, the Phanteks P400A or the NZXT H710 case, and the RX 580 card
I noticed the RX 580 had better thermals vs performance stats compared to the 570 and 590, and NVIDIA cards on that price range seem less powerful ( I get that they're cooler in temps)
For the processor , maybe some version of the Intel's I5 series, I really dunno
I have no idea for PSU, motherboard, or any other parts, I planned to think about it later after planning a budget, but suggestions are appreciated

EDIT: Also, I don't want it looking fancy, I am looking for a pure performance providing PC, so RGB isn't needed. But if RGB boosts performance LOL, I'll take it XD

Last edited: