I need taskbar visible even when applications run in full ..

Please, help.

Does anyone know of a utility, or a registry tweak that would make the
taskbar in WinXP always visible. The Windows "Always On Top" setting doesn't
work in conjunction with applications that are by their design on top of the
taskbar when in full screen mode. (I don't mean maximized, I mean full
screen view mode.) I wish to have my task bar visible even when programs run
in full screen mode.

I have done Google web and group search with no success. I did come across
one small app that advertised to do that, but it did not work for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac

kelly

Hi Marvin,

Try line 190 (right hand side):

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Marvin Hlavac wrote:
> Please, help.
>
> Does anyone know of a utility, or a registry tweak that would make the
> taskbar in WinXP always visible. The Windows "Always On Top" setting doesn't
> work in conjunction with applications that are by their design on top of the
> taskbar when in full screen mode. (I don't mean maximized, I mean full
> screen view mode.) I wish to have my task bar visible even when programs run
> in full screen mode.
>
> I have done Google web and group search with no success. I did come across
> one small app that advertised to do that, but it did not work for me.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Marvin,

I do not know if this web site has what you are specifically
look for, but he has A LOT of these kinds of tweaks:

HTH,
--Tony

Kelly, thanks. And also thanks to Anthony for the same link. Yes, that is
the little app I tried a couple of days ago, but it doesn't do what I need,
unfortunately. I need the taskbar to be always on, but I don't know how to
achieve that with this utility. When I run my program in full screen view
mode the taskbar will hide and (using the suggested utility) the taskbar
will pop up when mouse cursor moves to the bottom of the screen.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac

> Hi Marvin,
>
> Try line 190 (right hand side):

> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Marvin Hlavac" <hlavac@rogersREMOVE.com> wrote in message
> > Please, help.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a utility, or a registry tweak that would make the
> > taskbar in WinXP always visible. The Windows "Always On Top" setting
> > doesn't
> > work in conjunction with applications that are by their design on top of
> > the
> > taskbar when in full screen mode. (I don't mean maximized, I mean full
> > screen view mode.) I wish to have my task bar visible even when programs
> > run
> > in full screen mode.
> >
> > I have done Google web and group search with no success. I did come
across
> > one small app that advertised to do that, but it did not work for me.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Marvin Hlavac
> > Toronto, Canada

Mbase

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Point your mouse on the taskbar, right click then click on properties. you will find a box with keep Taskbar on top of other windows, tick the box, Close it and the Problem Solved. Have anice day mate