Question I need to be enlightened about DCI-P3 in relation to my monitor ?

pooj

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion y27q30 monitor. It offers 126% sRGB color area ratio and 95% DCI-P3 color gamut. I'm not much of a techie so I don't know what this means, but all I know is that sRGB is somewhat antiquated according to a couple of articles I've read. Future proofing lies in DCI-P3. (Perhaps this only applies to 4k and not 2k gaming monitors?) So, I have this monitor and I have no idea how to determine if DCI-P3 is enabled, how to enable it, or if this is automatically at work on this monitor. I've looked in the monitor settings, Windows 11 settings, searched DCI-P3 in Windows, etc, etc, and I haven't found anything that would indicate DCI-P3 is enabled or even exists on this monitor. Also, in my monitor settings sRGB is greyed out for some reason. A lot of things are greyed out and I don't know why. While I'm asking about this monitor, it has Freesync but is not G-Sync compatible. I was told and watched some youtube videos indicating it can be set up anyway so went through the steps to enable G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel. I assume its working...but I wouldn't know how to tell. I'd appreciate any help. Here is a nice brochure on my monitor:

thank you very much

It's kind of complicated. These are the color profiles and srgb is dominant for gaming. Dci is likely going to be the future with the push to hdr. Windows auto game hdr typically Handles that anyways. Freesync/gsync doesn't make any sense for videos as it's meant for frame pacing.

TRENDING THREADS