[SOLVED] I need to check compatibility with my Ryzen 9 3950x build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2021
I'm building a pc for my Vray CPU render work, I choose the Ryzen 9 3950x and I need to check
if there's a mistake with the rest of my build.

Processor: Ryzen 9 3950x
Motherboard: ASUS X570 TUF GAMING PLUS WIFI ARGB ATX Gaming Motherboard
GPU: GTX 1650 SUPER ROG Advanced Edition 4GB GDDR6 (non of my work uses GPU so I don't need a high-end GPU but still would like to know if this one is okay)
Storage: AORUS RGB M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB + Wd 2TB 5400 RPM SATA HDD
Ram: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Power supply: THERMALTAKE Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB
Case: Cooler Master TD500

Do I need more or fewer watts PSU? Do I need a bigger cooler? Do I need more Ram? Is everything compatible?....

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
If you do not plan to upgrade your gpu, 550-600w PSU will be more than enough. But please buy a better brand, not thermaltake ( be quiet, corsair, seasonic etc.). GPU is OK, you may even take a cheaper and weaker card for your work( only exception: if the render-software can use GPU for enhance rendering).

RAM: better would be 3600 Mhz. If 32 GB are enough, that I do not know, because I do not now your render program. Could be, that 2x32GB might be better.

alexbirdie

Respectable
If you do not plan to upgrade your gpu, 550-600w PSU will be more than enough. But please buy a better brand, not thermaltake ( be quiet, corsair, seasonic etc.). GPU is OK, you may even take a cheaper and weaker card for your work( only exception: if the render-software can use GPU for enhance rendering).

RAM: better would be 3600 Mhz. If 32 GB are enough, that I do not know, because I do not now your render program. Could be, that 2x32GB might be better.

Solution
Mar 22, 2021

Thank you so much.
I will choose a corsair or seasonic PSU instead they are available to me, I might upgrade to a high-end GPU in the future, should I still buy the 850 watts just in case?

Mar 22, 2021
Aside from the above (which I agree with), my only other concern would be the 5400 RPM 2TB storage drive. Might want to consider upping that to a 7200 RPM drive.

-Wolf sends
oh yeah I just notice that, I have the (Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD) available here
thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.