Question I need to clone/copy an internal IDE flash drive to an internal USB flash drive.

Jan 3, 2020
I am able to clone the IDE flash drive onto a USB flash drive using GParted Live, but the USB drive won't boot.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The

USAFRet

Titan
What indicates that the target system can boot from a USB connected 4GB drive with XP?
Have you asked the manufacturer?

https://www.diamondsystems.com/files/binaries/AthenaIII User Manual vA06.pdf

Operating System Drivers

Athena III will boot and run a Linux 2.6 operating system from the USB flashdisk. Athena III should now be fully operational.If you desire to run a different operating system, depending on the operating system to be installed, it may be necessary to install software drivers for on-board interface controllers. Drivers for Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows Embedded CE, and Linux 2.6, if required, are included on the Software and Documentation CD that is included in the Athena III Development Kit.

Jan 3, 2020
According to their website, the Ath-III is compatible with Win XP.
We didn't get any software with the purchase. That's why I've been trying to clone the Ath-IIs.
I'll look into ordering the development kit.
Thanks for your help!

I'll look into ordering the development kit.
That will not help you any,those drivers are for doing a clean install on the system,it doesn't include any OS and they won't do anything for your cloning problem.
You will have to find a way to boot up something to clone the image back to the IDE flash (what do you have available? ) and even then unless both systems have the exact same devices on the exact same ports you will have problems and XP might not even start up.

Jan 3, 2020
That will not help you any,those drivers are for doing a clean install on the system,it doesn't include any OS and they won't do anything for your cloning problem.
You will have to find a way to boot up something to clone the image back to the IDE flash (what do you have available? ) and even then unless both systems have the exact same devices on the exact same ports you will have problems and XP might not even start up.
Thank you for the advice :)