Question I need to free up space on my filled SSD

Jun 16, 2019
I have made a mistake. Ive been storing files on my ssd without keeping an eye on how full it is. This is causing problems with everything from games to general functioning. There is not even enough space to store a temp file for the many cleaners Ive seen on the internet. Im not sure if this is just me being dumb or if I now have a somewhat serious issue on my hands. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

Time to weed out games you haven't used in a long time. They eat up the most space. Go in to control panel, hit uninstall programs, and go down the line and uninstall items you no longer use or need, like games, music and apps. And or get another ssd to store files that you don't use often.

Start deleting files manually or move them to another drive.. If storage space is so tight you have to use a cleaner. You have too little storage space. The problem with cleaning temp and cache files is they will come back. You should have a minimum 10% free space on an SSD when loaded up with temp files, &c. 20% is preferable.

I have made a mistake. Ive been storing files on my ssd without keeping an eye on how full it is. This is causing problems with everything from games to general functioning. There is not even enough space to store a temp file for the many cleaners Ive seen on the internet. Im not sure if this is just me being dumb or if I now have a somewhat serious issue on my hands. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

How big is your drive? You can putchase a second ssd and jbod it into one larger virtual drive.

I would start by removing little used programs. Then do a file search for temp and kill everything you can. As modern drives fill up your system slows down.

You can quickly back several GB by setting size of C: drive recycle bin manually to 1 or 2 GB only...

And get rid of old WIndows.old if it exists, often 10-20 GB in size...(you can get rid of this in normal 'disk cleanup'/'clean system files' within a drive's general tab by right clicking on it...