Question I need to hold power button longer than before

And7rey

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys,

recently I started to notice an unusual problem I never had with my computer before. Namely, when I pressed the power button on my rig for the last 3 years (eversince I built it) it usually powered on right away, without a single second of delay, even if I only pressed the button lightly. However for the last week or so, I started noticing that the delay between pressing/holding the button and the computer actually booting up has gotten longer, to 2-3 seconds approximately. I also noticed that if I lightly press the power button, the computer will not boot up right away, but only after holding it for a few seconds. So I can basically press the button a million times without holding at all and it still wouldn't boot up. So my question is to all the experienced people here: do you think is my CPU, mobo or something else starting to become defective, or is this some kind of "wearing off" of the home button ( case is NZXT S340) and is there something I might be able to do about it?

Thanks!

And7rey

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
My PSU is a Corsair RM650X. It's not as old as the rest of the components, as I had to replace my previous defective corsair PSU around 2 years ago.
It might be good to mention that I accidentally left my computer on for an entire week a month ago when I went travelling. The computer was in sleep mode so the fans weren't on and everything, but the light on my case was on nonetheless. This issue started roughly around a week ago.
Unfortunately I don't have one for testing either.