I need to know about customization for a Chromebook.

klear6

Honorable
Aug 24, 2015
My son got a Chromebook from his other mom a few months ago. I had never used one before until he brought it home. I learned how to use it in about an hour and came to the conclusion that it is either a really gimped computer or a very large android phone. Lol. No offense to any Chromebook fans. Anyways, he sees me getting my windows 7 system all set up perfectly the way I want and now he wants to head down that road too. He was asking me if there is a way to change the notification sounds for Google IMs on his computer. I don't remember seeing a lot of room for customization when I had a chance to mess around with it while he was home for the summer. I have no idea how to change the sounds, can someone lemme know if its even possible? And on a side note how to I post my avatar for this site? I see the blank face generic one and when I click on it it is outlined with dashes but it doesn't link me to upload or anything. Get back to me when u can - there is a jealous 10 year old waiting and I would like to have good news to give him. =)

klear6

Honorable
Aug 24, 2015
I appreciate the time you took to answer me. I couldn't find anything in the post that solved my problem, though. What he really wants is to put custom sounds for his notifications. I don't understand why you can do this with any other operating system including phones and yet I still can't figure it out for his chromebook...

klear6

Honorable
Aug 24, 2015
Given that my son wrecked his chromebook and is now working with a million year old mac i suppose I will mark this as solved so it doesn't draw too much more attention...thanks guys!