Question I need to know if my motherboard can support my 250 Ohms DT 990 pros (ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4)

Aug 16, 2022
I was thinking about getting a DT 990 pro, but I’m not sure if my motherboard can support 250 ohms and produce good sound. The motherboard is ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4

i don't really get what your question is.

whatever your onboard sound processor can produce will be listed in the detailed tech specs.
but these headphones should be able to handle whatever that may be.

the sound quality produced depends on the source material and the settings you have put in place through your playback software and your audio processor.

are you afraid these might just be overkill for what your system can produce?

Aug 16, 2022
i don't really get what your question is.

whatever your onboard sound processor can produce will be listed in the detailed tech specs.
but these headphones should be able to handle whatever that may be.

the sound quality produced depends on the source material and the settings you have put in place through your playback software and your audio processor.

are you afraid these might just be overkill for what your system can produce?
nah I want to know if my headphones will be overkill for the motherboard. i just found out that my mobo has got an inbuilt amp. (savitech sv3h712)
http://product.savitech-ic.com/savi_product_amp.php the last one on the 2nd table. if you can check it out for me. i dont really understand values.

D

Deleted member 14196

250 might be a little too much for onboard audio and you might want to get a good amp and dac

With high impedance headphones you can’t get the volume up where you want usually

Get the headphones you want and then if they don’t sound good you can pick up extra equipment later