8gb ram
1TB hard drive
650 W PSU
Core i5 processor

Definitely replacing:
GT 1030
HP 1494 MOBO
PC case

thanks in advance anymore questions about my build i'll try to respond to. I'm trying to build a gaming pc i can play most games on low settings right now but i want to upgrade before im way behind on tech and gpu's go up 1000 dollars again lol.

Solution
I think you have an older 2nd-gen i5 with DDR3 RAM? If so, you can continue using that and just buy an RX 570/580 or GTX 1060.

or

If you really want to upgrade everything you will need a new CPU/Motherboard/ and DDR4 RAM.

What is your total budget?
I think you have an older 2nd-gen i5 with DDR3 RAM? If so, you can continue using that and just buy an RX 570/580 or GTX 1060.

or

If you really want to upgrade everything you will need a new CPU/Motherboard/ and DDR4 RAM.

What is your total budget?

Solution
I have:
8gb ram
1TB hard drive
650 W PSU
Core i5 processor

Definitely replacing:
GT 1030
HP 1494 MOBO
PC case

thanks in advance anymore questions about my build i'll try to respond to. I'm trying to build a gaming pc i can play most games on low settings right now but i want to upgrade before im way behind on tech and gpu's go up 1000 dollars again lol.
You will have to be more precise with processor and RAM as well as make model of the PSU and if it's standard one or made specifically for HP and non standard connectors (quite possible). Only sure thing would be HDD.

TRENDING THREADS