[SOLVED] i need to know which cable to use for 144hz for my situation

Dec 20, 2019
Hello!

I just bought a 144hz monitor (HKC M24G3F) from lazada. before buying it, i did research and made sure i had everything that i needed for it to work. I even watched reviews on youtube. but for my situation, i needed a dual link dvi cable since my gpu (750ti) has only hdmi mini, dual link dvi, and vga port. but the problem is, the monitor does not support 144hz through dual link dvi. it didnt say on lazada that dual link dvi would not support 144hz. so i was kind of pissed off. but i think having dual link dvi as its input to the monitor wont support it. but would a dvi to hdmi cable work?

Dec 20, 2019
I have no idea. The HDMI 1.4 or higher standard is capable of 1080p 120hz, but the monitor also has to support 120hz over HDMI. I cant find any documentation on what that monitor is capable of over HDMI, or any documentation at all for that matter.

i just checked the manual. it actually is capable of 120hz over HDMI. i guess i will just buy an hdmi mini to hdmi cable and wait for a new gpu that has a DisplayPort. thank you for the fast responses =)