[SOLVED] I need to know - would a Ryzen 5 1600 AF be able to do well with a RTX 3060 Ti

Dec 20, 2020
Hey,

So I was thinking of upgrading my gpu from an RX 570 to a 3060ti. I was wondering if I had to get a new cpu for the gpu to work efficiently?

I'll probably be using this pc for low to moderate gaming (Phasmophobia, Borderlands 3, Valorant)

Solution
Hey,

So I was thinking of upgrading my gpu from an RX 570 to a 3060ti. I was wondering if I had to get a new cpu for the gpu to work efficiently?

I'll probably be using this pc for low to moderate gaming (Phasmophobia, Borderlands 3, Valorant)

It depends on how you're trying to play those games. If you're just playing at 1080p 60 fps, then you should be fine. If you're trying to hit 144 fps, then the architectural limitations of your Ryzen1600 will make themselves apparent (low clock speeds, low IPC, low infinity fabric speeds) giving you stutter, poor GPU utilization, and generally disappointing performance.
Hey,

It depends on how you're trying to play those games. If you're just playing at 1080p 60 fps, then you should be fine. If you're trying to hit 144 fps, then the architectural limitations of your Ryzen1600 will make themselves apparent (low clock speeds, low IPC, low infinity fabric speeds) giving you stutter, poor GPU utilization, and generally disappointing performance.

Solution