• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question I need to replace a dead Intel AC-3165 card.

Jun 5, 2020
Is Intel 8260 or 9xxx adapter compatible with an AMD FX-9800P Radeon R7? I need to replace a dead Intel AC-3165 card.

I cannot get a whitelist or any helpful info from Acer unfortunately. A customer service rep from Intel wasn't sure, but suggested that the 3168 should be compatible and possibly the 8260, although he said that one was 2x2 and mine the 3165 that I have is apparently 1x1. Someone from an Acer forum did mention that he thought the 8260 would be incompatible with an AMD cpu anyway. Any assistance what to purchase would be greatly appreciated. There may be other options in the 9xxx series etc. that I am not aware of.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire E5-553G , Wasp BR V1.31 motherboard.

I live in a rural area where wifi is unavailable, so my internet connectivity is via a phone hotspot using ATT cellular data.

Thanks! Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS