I need to update to Windows 8.1 so I can update to Windows 10. Need Help

BluPulse

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Title says it all. I am running Windows 8 Pro Build 9600, which I just installed on my custom built computer. When I tried to go to Windows Update to update to Windows 8.1 so I can update to Windows 10, the update didnt show up. Does my version of Windows 8 allow me to update to Windows 8.1 or not?

Solution
Before the Windows 8.1 update shows up, you need to install all of the 8.0 updates and the same applies for the upgrade to Windows 10.

To avoid the intermediate updates, you could have downloaded Microsoft's "Windows 8.1 download tool" and downloaded a fresh 8.1 ISO/Flash file to install it directly.

InvalidError

Titan
Before the Windows 8.1 update shows up, you need to install all of the 8.0 updates and the same applies for the upgrade to Windows 10.

To avoid the intermediate updates, you could have downloaded Microsoft's "Windows 8.1 download tool" and downloaded a fresh 8.1 ISO/Flash file to install it directly.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
One of the windows updates with a number ending with 583 (I think) is the GWX notification app. Once that update is installed, you should see a Windows icon appear in your task bar's notification area. Click that when it appears (it may take a few hours after installing the update) and follow instructions. If everything works correctly, you should get your Windows 10.

TRENDING THREADS