I need to upgarde

incorporate

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Im looking to upgrade my CPU/Motherboard/& Memory.

Im looking to go to the ryzen 1600x with ASUS Prime ASRock AB350 Pro4.

But i was wondering if i could maybe get away with 8GB of RAM to start out with...

I do Stream and Game at the same time... But from my understanding it would pull from the HDD?

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
8GB RAM is a great place to start. You really only need more than that if you are a rabid gamer or do lots of video editing. If you can afford it, go with the 8GB of RAM and spend the money you save on as big an SSD as you can afford (256GB is OK, 512 is much better, and 1TB is heaven...). The SSD will help cover the lack of more RAM.

incorporate

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

I currently have a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, and have other stuff already in my PC... My Big thing is that the Game i play PUBG uses alot of RAM and just a little worried it won't be enough

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Someone once said that you can never be too thin or have too much RAM. If you're more comfortable with 16GB RAM, go for it. I very foolishly have 64GB in my "mainframe"...but it feels good to say it!!!

jr9

Estimable
- For PUBG you'd want a 2x8GB configuration for 16GB total in dual channel mode. You can try to do 8GB but I've seen that game use 6-7GB of RAM on some systems.

- If you are going for Ryzen, it's important that the RAM you pick is on your motherboard's qualified vendor list or it may just not work properly at all. Ryzen is very picky about RAM and I've seen non defective RAM that is DDR4 and the right speed refuse to function properly on Ryzen even after a motherboard RMA. http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/#Memory is where you want to look, or we can try to pick some out. Googling part numbers is a good method which brings up results for places like Amazon.

- Ryzen is a good pick for streaming. Any AM4 board will work, but again be careful with RAM selection. Get either 2666MHz or 2400MHz RAM which is the fastest that board supports without overclocking.