I need to upgrade my components for 2018 (Help please?)

varzoh24

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I need to upgrade my components for 2018. I've had these specs since early 2015 and I'm getting bad frame rates on the games I'm playing now. Keep in mind I have a 144hz monitor and my specs aren't giving me enough to make my monitor useful to use. I don't really have a budget but I do have prime and want to strictly use amazon because I trust that website, I heard new egg is good too but I've had a couple bad experiences which makes me not want to use that website for buying expensive parts now. I want to play more intense games which requires better parts.

The games I play is Arma 3, Black Ops 3 Call of duty WW2, Day Z Elder scrolls 5, h1z1, miscreated, gta 5, rust, pubg, battlefield 1, forza Motorsport 7, destiny 2, assassins creed: origins, and whither 3 wild hunt.

I'm focused on only 1080p gaming at high to max settings. I have no need or want to go anything higher then that.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANK YOU!!!!

My current PC Specs:
AMD FX-6300 CPU
8GB Corsair Ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC GPU
970A-DS3P Motherboard
1TB Western Digital Storage
500 Watt EVGA PSU

Peripherals:
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Razer Deathadder Chroma Mouse
Corsair Gaming Mouse Pad
Blue Snowball Microphone
Logitech G430 Headset
ASUS VN247 Monitor
BENQ XL2411Z

Operating System:
Windows 10 64 bit

Solution
Agree with Grandmaster, quite demanding games you have. But i think a change to a Ryzen 5 1600, and GTX 1070 would suite you well for solid 1080p, Amazon have pretty good prices for Ryzen right now. Well, at least in the UK they do.

EDIT: or wait for Ryzen+ for a few months and see about it, and save money because DDR4 and GPU pricing is skyrocketing at the moment.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

some of those games are very demanding

a overclocked i5 8600k with a gtx 1070 TI should just about do it

varzoh24

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018

i heard there is a intel meltdown that lowers 10% of all the old processors. do you still recommend the intel cpu?

waqcar97

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Agree with Grandmaster, quite demanding games you have. But i think a change to a Ryzen 5 1600, and GTX 1070 would suite you well for solid 1080p, Amazon have pretty good prices for Ryzen right now. Well, at least in the UK they do.

EDIT: or wait for Ryzen+ for a few months and see about it, and save money because DDR4 and GPU pricing is skyrocketing at the moment.

Solution

Elrik138

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

Meltdown-Spectre are hitting servers, really gaming does not call on the CPU anywhere near as much, plus while Intel is the hardest hit it effects AMD, and ARM as well. The current patches show the hit to CPU's to be way less than anticipated. At least those from today 01/19/2018