Question I need urgent help my laptop is freezing

Jul 7, 2021
I recently bought a new laptop from avita with its specifications as
Ryzen5 3500u
8 gigs of ram
integrated graphics

i was watching youtube when it suddenly died on me and it was a black screen (i didnt get any BSOD or Error Message) when i tried to open it back up it shows just a windows screen with the spinning circle dots moving for a few seconds after which it freezes. I have tried system restore, startup issue fix, chkdsk but it doesn't fix it. I even deleted all partitions and started a new fresh install of the os but as soon as it restart for the first time while installing the os it gets stuck the same way a few seconds of spinning dots and then they freeze. Point to note, my keyboard and trackpad still function even the chkdsk resulst showed no bad sectors. Any help would be great 👍

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you're having an issue with the drivers that the OS tends to source(and install) when you connect the laptop to your internet during OS installation(user name creation). Did you refabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You should try and reinstall the OS, but choose to not connect to the internet. Once you get to your OS GUI, you can source the latest drivers from AMD's support site(using a donor system/laptop) and install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Can you get into BIOS for your laptop? If so, please take a look at the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. As for your laptop, make and model of said laptop? An SKU will help us two fold.

Please be patient for answers as the community come around when they're able to.

Reactions: uv16
Jul 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you're having an issue with the drivers that the OS tends to source(and install) when you connect the laptop to your internet during OS installation(user name creation). Did you refabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You should try and reinstall the OS, but choose to not connect to the internet. Once you get to your OS GUI, you can source the latest drivers from AMD's support site(using a donor system/laptop) and install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Can you get into BIOS for your laptop? If so, please take a look at the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. As for your laptop, make and model of said laptop? An SKU will help us two fold.

Please be patient for answers as the community come around when they're able to.
I have tried to reinstall the os but as soon as it starts to install and it shows the "Your computer will restart multiple times" and restarts for the first time the spinning dots get stuck again. As far as how im loading the os is via a bootable pendrive and i dont know what kind of bios it uses its a very generic american megatrends bios.

The model is Avita Liber V14
NS14A8INV562-AGA