I need video card advice

I'm looking at the following cards:

LEADTEK WINFAST GEFORCE 2 GTS PRO 32MB 4XAGP POWERED BY NVIDIA *W/TV OUT 5.5 NS Detail Specs $139.00

LEADTEK GEFORCE 2 MX SHPRO 32MB 4XAGP POWERED BY NVIDIA 5NS SDRAM WITHOUT TV OUT Detail Specs $105.00

AOPEN GeFORCE2 PRO 32MB AGP VGA DDR MEMORY OPEN BIOS W/TV OUT Detail Specs $145.00

AOPEN GeFORCE2 MX 32MB AGP VGA W/TV OUT SDR MEMORY PA256-MX-V Detail Specs $79.00

ATI RADEON 32MB AGP DDR (Retail) (*While Supplies Last!) Detail Specs $135.00

well those are the cards i'm looking at... i know about computers and i know how they work. So don't warn me about some AGP thing or whatever... i just wanna hear from the people who own these cards and know it is a good card or if it is a ok card or if it sucks and wish you got something else.

I'm mainly looking at LEADTEK WINFAST GEFORCE 2 GTS PRO.
the cards must be sub 150 bucks... this is for my dad for fathers day/christmas present .... i got nutin for my dad for fathers day so ya... he needs a new video card.. he's using a 8mb ATI RAGE card lol.. it sucks and the drivers are horrible...

so any card will do for my dad but why pay 80 bucks for a ok card when you can spend 90 for a kickass one ya know?

Alright thanks!
-Jeff

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>LEADTEK WINFAST GEFORCE 2 GTS PRO 32MB 4XAGP POWERED BY NVIDIA *W/TV OUT 5.5 NS Detail Specs $139.00</b> is that I'd choose (just my opinion).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I wouldn't get any of those cards. I would get the MSI Starforce Pro 831 (MS-8831). It has 64MB of 400MHz DDR at 5ns. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it is $142 at newegg.com, but they won't have any untill first week in July. But I think a week is well worth the wait to get double the memory that the cards you listed have, for the same price.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

G

Get a ATI Radeon 32MB DDR LE, it will spank those two MX cards and overclocked with Hyper-Z enabled it will give you 80-90% the perfomance of a GF2 Pro, all at $70-$80.
Currently 32MB vs 64MB makes very little difference performance wise, so I don't see that being a major factor unless you are one of the unwashed masses who think bigger numbers are better...out

Great,

thanks for the responses... i am concidering getting this card

ATI RADEON VIVO 64MB AGP DDR W/S-VIDEO OUT (Retail) Detail Specs

just because it has video in and out and s-video out... has everything an all in wonder has besides the tv tuner heh and something else maybe? i have the all in wonder card... great card... i got it so i can watch TV. I'm for real.. i have no tv or vcr or anything... works good on a 17 inch monitor ... anyway ... I thought of the geforce because it was cheap.. now i'm thinking features... i would get him the all in wonder but thats 200 bucks! (256 when i got it)

thanks!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
The newer Radeon 64 VIVO Retail are an upgraded version which comes with 5ns ram and a SE Radeon chip. Default speed is 200/200(400ddr) core/mem. A number of people have overclocked them to Ultra speeds with success. Best Buys seem to have them in stock if it is a recent shippment. Look for Made in Canada, if it says Made in China or China/Canada it may not be a SE. Also the memory has EST memory with 5T at the end indicating 5ns ram. You can pick them up for $155 at:

<A HREF="http://www.invado.com/products/components_listing.jsp?categoryName=VideoCards" target="_new">http://www.invado.com/products/components_listing.jsp?categoryName=VideoCards</A>