[SOLVED] I need yaTom I need ya Bad, GPU issue

Badante

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
Ok so what Im doing is keeping a very old 2014 pc running with upgrades until pc prices come down.
My issue is i have a a Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 mobo with a i5-4670k my GPU i currently got only shows a quick bios screen the goes to black screen, it is the Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb.
Currently I assume its the mobo is too old. myabe pci-e slot isnt providing power i dunno but it does not work. So I also assume the problems resolution is a new mob but if thats the case what mobo can i get on the cheap that will run gaming on a i5-4670k and 16gb ram with win 0S10 ???? I usually pride myself on solving these issues but I either got lazy or suck ..... plz help 8(, love you guys !!!

Solution
Did you FULLY uninstalled the R9 200 drivers? You shouldnt need to swap PCIe slots to make the card work. Try using DDU to fully uninstall drivers, then connect the GPU in the TOP PCIe slot and reinstall drivers from that point.

Badante

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
i5 4670k is the CPU 3.4 GHZ model , if you cannot find it, that is because it is obsolete now and no longer being made.
Win 10 64bit
GPU GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
16Gb 1600mhz ram
Mother board is Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
PSU Corsair CX600 watt (non module)

hope this helps if not let me know and ill dig some more 8)

Last edited:
have you tried using the onboard graphics?
remove the gpu and connect the cable to the motherboard
anything?
try your card in another machine
try another card in your machine

disconnect your gpu remove it
try using onboard
the power off remove pwr cable
reinstall your card
reconnect the cables

im spitballing but try those things

Badante

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
Yea my old card works ofcoarse it sjust this new GPU has no power connection like the normal 6 pin or 8pin we see. I think I did hear of something like an auxillary power cable I could try and connect from the outside of the new GPU and run it back into the pc to be connected or something but I have yet to find that proper cable if it exists. That is where I am at atm.

Badante

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
Found the problem, Ok so 1st off this weird ass apparently different version of a GTX 1050Ti has one fan and no typical 6-8 pin power connectors. My old GPU does and was a R9 200. When I would remove the R9 and put the 1050 in I would get no detection. No power at all. So this time I put the GTX 1050 into my other PciE slot and it got power but still did not detect the gpu and ran off the onboard mobo graphics which threw me off. But after a reset it then finally picked up and turned on and updated. ...... just weird annoying <Mod Edit>, but its workin now YAY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2021
Did you FULLY uninstalled the R9 200 drivers? You shouldnt need to swap PCIe slots to make the card work. Try using DDU to fully uninstall drivers, then connect the GPU in the TOP PCIe slot and reinstall drivers from that point.

Solution