G

hi!

I have a big problem, please help me! So I've changed my Shuttle HOT-661p (intel BX) motherboard to a Shuttle AV11 (Via appolo pro) motherboard, i've changed my 100Mhz Rams to 133 MHz, and I've changed my storeage system from a 8Gb Quantum to 20 Gb Quantum disc. And I have a serious performance deterioration. The Windows is slow, the quake3 is slower then ever. I have a Diamond Riva tnt (with 8 mb) and a celeron 400Mhz cpu. I have 3 winchester: 2,1 Gb Quantum, 20 Gb Quantum and a 850 Mb Western.

So please help! And sorry for my english.

Stay True:
Andras Nemeseri

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YOu mean you DOWNGRADED form the BX to a VIA, paid MONEY to do it, and you don't know why it's SLOW!?! You should have kept the old board and got a faster processor.

Suicide is painless...........

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Be sure DMA is enabled for your hard drives. You can do that by going into device manager, go into the settings properties of all disk drives, and check DMA. This may help.

-sinner.

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
My wife's PC has the Shuttle AV11 mainboard, hmm, it is rubbish.

If you don't have the latest 4in1 drivers (you probably do but it's worth a shot), go to www.spacewalker.com

That might help a little.

Changing pc100 RAM for pc133 on a Celeron powered system is pointless.

A faster processor and graphics card would be more suitable upgrades.

G

hi!

first of all thank you for your replies. I need to say that for the simple of the story I wrote that I changed the motherboard but the truth is that my father changed it in the home computer. I know that VIA isn't the best choose if you have a celeron and I can't understand why he changed the motherboard if the original had worked fine... but know we have the via and i simple want to know how I can make it faster.

I will try out the DMA thing... I have the latest via drivers... but sometimes it makes out some "blue-death" from our Windows ME (it was my father choose too... I don't like this OP)... On the spacewalker site I post my problem on the forum, but nobody answers to my question... ohh... I hate this... but I will make a separated computer for myself cause I going to mad everytime i boot into this s... you know...

Thanks a lot:
Andras Nemeseri

Ps: If you know anything which can make this sh... faster please tell me, thanks