[SOLVED] I need your opinion.

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
I have gtx 1660 ti.
Today I saw that in 27 of this month they will release rtx 3050
I looked at it and saw my future in it😅.
And the price are just perfect. 239$ is just good.
So I want to sell my gtx 1660 ti so i can buy rtx 3050.
here is the question.
can I get it in the first day?
And will it be more expensive when it release ?
Idc if it's 300-390$ i can offered .
But I really have to ask what do I need to know about gpu Marketing
And thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
oh dang. I wouldn't even worry about it, It doesn't seem like its going to be much of an upgrade considering they had the balls to compare it to a 1050 ti and a 1650
The mobile RTX3050 is GA107 and would fall in that ballpark whereas the desktop RTX3050 is a cut-down GA106 (RTX3060) and will be considerably faster, somewhere in the RTX2060(S)'s neighborhood, which is also similar performance to your current GTX1660Ti.

The only reasons to upgrade would be if you need the extra 2GB of VRAM or want entry-level RT/DLSS.

InvalidError

Titan
oh dang. I wouldn't even worry about it, It doesn't seem like its going to be much of an upgrade considering they had the balls to compare it to a 1050 ti and a 1650
The mobile RTX3050 is GA107 and would fall in that ballpark whereas the desktop RTX3050 is a cut-down GA106 (RTX3060) and will be considerably faster, somewhere in the RTX2060(S)'s neighborhood, which is also similar performance to your current GTX1660Ti.

The only reasons to upgrade would be if you need the extra 2GB of VRAM or want entry-level RT/DLSS.

Solution
Jan 17, 2022
I was thinking of buying a new GPU and thanks to your thread I just found out about this. They're also selling it for $239 in my country after looking it up so I just hope I can get my hands with one (I doubt it) since my 1060 seems to be near dying. It's a better upgrade for my 1060 to this though right? But if it goes up to like $400~500 then I don't think it's that great.

Though in my opinion I feel like the prices of this would get jacked up like the others since people would probably be flocking to this due to the current price of the other GPUs I've seen in the market. Hopefully I am wrong.

Last edited:
I have gtx 1660 ti.
Today I saw that in 27 of this month they will release rtx 3050
I looked at it and saw my future in it😅.
And the price are just perfect. 239$ is just good.
So I want to sell my gtx 1660 ti so i can buy rtx 3050.
here is the question.
can I get it in the first day?
And will it be more expensive when it release ?
Idc if it's 300-390$ i can offered .
But I really have to ask what do I need to know about gpu Marketing
And thank you.
I personally wouldn't buy any GPUs right now, because prices may drop off when Ethereum mining dies off sometime later this year around June to July. Intel will be releasing their new GPUs sometime in the next 1-3 months, while AMD and NVIDIA should be releasing their next GPU series sometime from September to December 2022. This means you could potentially buy a new GPU this year with the performance of a 3060ti to a 3080 in the $500-700 price range, assuming supply actually gets better.

If you really want an upgrade and only want NVIDIA, you should be looking at getting at least a 3060 TI.

Reactions: 1YAMI

Co BIY

Splendid
Not really sure but dont sell your 1660 ti until you have the 3050 in your hand.

I'd say not until it's installed and proven to be working well! Even you luck into one they won't have the stock for exchanges.

In your position I wouldn't go for the 3050. The 1660 Ti is still pretty current and 3050 won't be enough improvement. As others have said there are good reasons to expect market improvement later this year.

Reactions: 1YAMI

TRENDING THREADS